August 30, 2010
Posted: 10:28 AM ET
Hi guys! My name is AJ, I’m one of the floor directors on Morning Express. That's me with Ryan Smith above. People always ask me what it’s like to work on such a cool show, so I thought I’d give you all a taste of our world behind the scenes. Check back every so often for the dirt on your favorite morning crew and some show secrets, too.
Have you seen this guy around lately? Ryan Smith is our new contributor, bringing you all of the in-depth details on the day’s news. He’s also a host of In Session on our sister network TruTV, so he comes to us with some serious credentials. "I bring the energy," Ryan says. "I want to dig deeper into some of the big stories of the day, whether it be politics, sports, or crime." He also loves his visuals, so expect to see a lot of props and hands-on action. Want to know more? I picked his brain and found out a few things you gotta know about our newest addition to the team.
1. A native of Philadelphia, PA, Ryan’s a tried and true Philly sports fan.
2. He graduated from Columbia Law School
3. Favorite food? Chocolate chip pancakes – he loves them.
4. He’s had a colorful career, including stints at the NFL as an executive for the Jacksonville Jaguars, and on Animal Planet as the host of Underdog to Wonderdog.
5. Despite his new early morning schedule, Ryan says he’s trying desperately to avoid developing a coffee habit!
6. And this one’s from me – he’s always smiling, even at six am! Now that’s a morning person.
From around the web
It's Morning Express like you've never seen it before! Hear from Robin Meade and the rest of the show crew for our thoughts on everything from politics to sports... to those bizarre stories that have us buzzing behind the scenes. Plus, plenty of material you might not see on the air. Don't miss OUR TAKE on what's happening in the world. Then tell us YOURS!