April 29, 2009
Posted: 12:44 PM ET
Today President Obama marked his 100th day as President. Typically, the 100 day mark is the time to stop and judge the progress of a newly elected president, as many presidents make promises on the campaign trail of what they will achieve in their first 100 days.
Obama's first 100 days. What do we think, America?
We asked Morning Express viewers what they thought of Obama's first 100 days. Their responses range from tongue-in-cheek: "I worry that we are heading surely but steadily toward socialism. However very glad the girls have a dog," to purely enthusiastic: "Bravo, Mr. President, bravo."
What do you think? Share your own views in the comments field below.
- I think Obama is doing a fantastic job considering he inherited an economic mess. People just need to have patience and let him do what we elected him to do ... keep up he great work. – Chaunte in Dover, Delaware
- President Obama has done a fine job in his first 100 days, but I think we are still waiting for him to get to the major issues. - Dawn Cox in Waycross, Georgia
- I don't no why everyone expects our president to fix Bush's mess IN 100 DAYS! Give him a chance. He has 100% support from this Army Soldier.
- I'll give him an 'A' for a good start. He gets extra credit for continuing to rise above the negativism of his detractors.
- I didn't vote for him but I've been impressed with the job he has done so far and think the country made the right choice.
- Obama needs to keep an eye on the economy and need to make sure what dc does today doesn't hurt the future. – Gregory in Maine
- Obama has missed the mark. The budget is overblown, the deficit will be crushing and he wants to "punish" the most productive with higher taxes. Bad show!
- Obama makes me want to be a better person, a better American, because he leads by example. He has renewed my patriotism. – Desiree in Tampa, Florida
- President Obama is doing a good job although he is making a terrible decision bailing out all those companies not to mention more than once. - Rachael in Georgia
- Obama is wasting so much money! People blamed Bush for spending but look at our president now. - WDH
- I don't recall anyone judging the former president so harshly. Why does it seem like Americans, especially republicans, want Obama to fail? It seems unfair.
- Need to make room on Mt. Rushmore. - Peter in Birmingham, Alabama
- The president's inexperience is visible now that we get small glimpses of his administration. Hopefully he can learn from his mistakes. - Johnny Cole in Kentucky
- Is it just now 100 days ... we've been treating him like his 100 days was two months ago! Fine job Mr. President!!!! - Homer
- In the first 100 days with Obama, swine flu is the best thing that has happened.
- Obama needs to focus on national healthcare with so many people out of work and no health insurance we need universal health care now.
- I would like to see the President put more emphasis on homeland security. This is no time to let our guard down and turn all focus to the economy.
- It will take years to clean up the mess from the last administration. Obama can't do it all in 100 days. – Jamie in Missouri
- Considering all or most republicans are working against Obama he is doing good. We should support Obama no matter what because he is our president.
- I worry that we are heading surely but steadily toward socialism. However, very glad the girls have a dog. - Anonymous in Guntersville, Alabama
- I think that Obama has done a wonderful job taking care of the economy and has done well taking our troops to places where we need them. GO OBAMA! - Seth
- President Obama is doing a great job and I look forward to his next 100 days!! Fine job, Mr. President. – S. Harris
- I applaud president Obama for his work. It took bush eight years to bring our economy down, and it only took Obama a hundred days to fix it! - Hallel
- The president has been a true superhero tackling everything from the wars to the economy bravo Mr. President bravo.
- In the first 100 President Obama has done a fine job thus far given the circumstances he entered. I believe he will progress as the next 100 more pass.
- With all the president's been faced with I think he's doing an incredible job. Republicans are just too bitter to see an upside. - Jay
- Obama has taken the load that Bush left him with stride and is doing a great job. The negative comments are unpatriotic. Well done! Brian G. in Kentucky
- President Obama has spent money like water and increased our national debt enormously. He promised change and he fulfilled that promise for sure! - Carmen
- I don't give all the credit to Barack Obama it is democrats generally who provide positivity to the country. - Seth in Michigan
- The President needs to stay on task with the illegal immigration. That would save millions for our economy and keep the US working.
- It seems like 100 years. It is an all out assault on everything that made our country great. - Scott Yocum in Salvisa, Kentucky
- I think the president spent way too much money on the bailouts that will take years to pay back but he's doing well in other areas so far. – Mike in Wisconsin
From around the web
It's Morning Express like you've never seen it before! Hear from Robin Meade and the rest of the show crew for our thoughts on everything from politics to sports... to those bizarre stories that have us buzzing behind the scenes. Plus, plenty of material you might not see on the air. Don't miss OUR TAKE on what's happening in the world. Then tell us YOURS!