April 17, 2009
Posted: 12:02 PM ET
Today, Morning Express brought you a story about a doctor who recently twittered his way through a surgery he was performing. Twitter is a microblogging site that allows you to upload messages of 140 characters or less, about the length of a text message, then publishes them for your followers to see. The doc said he did it to satisfy curiosity about how the surgery is performed.
Step away from the cell phone.
Sending instant messages during surgery is pretty wild, but people do tend to whip out their cell phones and start texting at the craziest times. That made us wonder, what is the strangest location from which our viewers have sent – or recieved – text messages?
Check out some of their responses below. Any sound familiar? Share your crazy text message tales in the comments field below.
- The strangest place I ever sent a text was in the back of a police car on my way to county jail. I texted my boss 'Can't come in.' – Austin in Toledo, Ohio
- My mom was downstairs in the bathroom and she texted me to get her more toilet paper. – Zach in Monroe, Michigan
- I texted play by play action during my vasectomy to my wife. – Dan in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- After replacing three phones in 1 month for my 13-year-old grand daughter, it turns out she was texting in the shower. – Erica in Grand Island, Nebraska
- A defendant texted me during trial asking I change my testimony against her. – Bill in FL
- My brother and me were texting each other at a NASCAR race while sitting side by side because we could not hear each other talk. – Lisa in Virginia
- While on patrol in Iraq. – Dan in Indiana
- I text when I get a Brazilian wax. – Lauren in Iowa
- I typically go text crazy when I'm drinking. I text every member in my contact list! – Henry in Charlotte, North Carolina
- I was texting while helping delivery my granddaughter by born I was texting my husband and holding her leg. Deborah in Jackson, Mississippi
- When I went to Six Flags, I texted thru every ride. Ended up losing my phone and had to buy a new one. – Samy in Elmhurst, Illinois
- I have texted while horseback riding. The horse was trotting!
- I texted everyone the whole time I was in labor! I wanted to keep family/friends in the waiting room up to date on everything that was happening
- I text a lot while in the tanning bed! – Amy in Illinois
- I got the weirdest text while I was in Church on Easter Sunday 2009. It made me laugh out loud for real and get in trouble with family lol. – Ryan M.
- The strangest place I have texted is on a motorcycle while moving. Wael Marzouka in Spartanburg, South Carolina
- I've sent & received text in the dentist chair. – Andrette in Upper Marlboro, Maryland
- I sometimes text people while rock climbing. – Logan in Nashville, Tennessee
- My friend was texting me while she was running her first marathon ... She said she was bored : ) – Donna
- My daughter in law mistakenly sent a text asking me if I wanted to get naked later. My number is right under my sons in her call list. – Deb in Greenville
- I frequently receive text messages while horse back riding. – Chase
- I text from my office in the bathroom quite frequently. – Chris in Syracuse, New York
From around the web
It's Morning Express like you've never seen it before! Hear from Robin Meade and the rest of the show crew for our thoughts on everything from politics to sports... to those bizarre stories that have us buzzing behind the scenes. Plus, plenty of material you might not see on the air. Don't miss OUR TAKE on what's happening in the world. Then tell us YOURS!