April 2, 2009
Posted: 12:40 PM ET
Morning Express viewers shares some of their most memorable April Fool's pranks with us. What do you think? Are you impressed? Think you've got a better one for us? Share it in the comments field below.
What's the best April Fool's Day joke you've played - or had played on you?
- Best April Fool's joke – dressed as a robber and had my best friend watch her car get stolen. She chased me, the robber, down the road!
- I called my mother who raised dogs and told her the local news announced anyone who had pets had to bring them to the courthouse to be taxed. She believed me.
- Gave a co-worker a phone message that Mr. Fox called & gave them the phone number to the zoo. Dave of Roanoke, VA
- Had fake hair hidden in my sleeve. Told friend how nice her hair looked and touched it. Then dropped fake hair on floor. "OMG your hair's fallin' out!" She screamed!
- Robin one of my friends put a cardboard cutout of a smash up car that looked like mine in front of my car one morning before I had to work I freaked. Jerome
- I saran wrapped my ex's car shut with ten rolls and also filled it with water balloons. – Katey
- One April Fool's my roommate put honey in my amber-colored shampoo. A sticky mess!
- Best April Fool's joke ever. Pull plastic wrap tight over the toilet seat. - Jason of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Many years ago I called my mom pretending to be the high school and asked why my brother wasn't there. Debra Jo Portland OR
- I told my teenage children I was pregnant. The look on their faces was priceless. Thank goodness I was kidding.
- I taped closed the spray hose on the sink and when my dad turned on the faucet, he got soaked! He was mad ... - Colleen
- Ss I was leaving my laid-back uncles house he runs out screaming STOP! STOP! In a panic I do and jump out of my car! He says your wheels were turning!!
- I put salt in my mom's daily glass of water and she spit it right back at me.
- Covered and wrapped everything in a co-workers cube with newspaper.
- I woke my kids up @ 2am 4 school. I let them off the hook after they had their showers. It was classic. - Candy of West Virginia
- I was a hotel Sous Chef. I would send new waiters frantically looking for the box of dehydrated water. They would fall for it every time!
- Robin, I once went to work in a dress and high heels and I am a crane operator. - John of Seattle
- The last couple of years on April Fool's day, I switched the 'm' and 'n' keys on my coworkers' keyboards. Oh the hilarity that ensued! – Karen of Colorado Springs, Colorado
From around the web
It's Morning Express like you've never seen it before! Hear from Robin Meade and the rest of the show crew for our thoughts on everything from politics to sports... to those bizarre stories that have us buzzing behind the scenes. Plus, plenty of material you might not see on the air. Don't miss OUR TAKE on what's happening in the world. Then tell us YOURS!